ULTRA DISTANCE ORIENTEERING AND ROGAINE
A 12 TO 24 HOUR EVENT IN THE COLORADO FRONT RANGE
Ultra distance Orienteering and roGAINE, the Ultra O-gaine (UOG) is an orienteering/rogaine event in which teams navigate with map and compass to find as many checkpoints/controls as possible within the specified time limit (12 hour and 24 hour options). The course will be challenging. This event is not intended for beginner level navigators.
UOG was first held near Atlanta, GA in 2006. In 2007 and 2008, UOG was held near Chattanooga, TN. Checkpoint Adventures is excited to bring UOG back in 2015…to a new location in Colorado!
The event will take place in and around the Buffalo Creek Area within Pike National Forest.
July 3-4, 2015
- 24 hour course starts at 8pm (MT) on Friday
- 12 hour course starts at 8am (MT) on Saturday
- All teams must return to the start no later than 8pm (MT) Saturday
Cost (per person)*
Early registration (before June 1st)
- $65 – Ultra 24 hour course
- $55 – Ultra 12 hour course
Late Registration (on, or after, June 1st)
- $75 – Ultra 24 hour course
- $65 – Ultra 12 hour course
Registration closes at 11:59 PM (MT) on 15 June.
The number of teams will be limited in order to comply with USFS rules related to the number of vehicles allowed at the event HQ site. Therefore, participants are strongly encouraged to carpool. There is additional parking only 200-300 yards away from the event HQ…just outside the Meadows Group Campground gate.
Solos up to 4-person teams are invited to register.
This is a no-frills event, but you are assured to receive the respect and admiration of your peers upon completion of the course.
- This is a self-supported event. All participants are responsible for their own food and water …before, during, and after the event. There is no potable water available at event HQ.
- Participants are permitted to camp in designated areas of the group camp site (event HQ). BYO camping gear. All National Forest rules and regulations must be respected. All participants must vacate the group camp before 10am on Sunday.
- Vault toilets are available at the event HQ.